Cake Batter & Sprinkle Bark (via Sweetapolita)
- 6 ounces (180 grams) high quality dark or extra dark chocolate, chopped
- 12 ounces (360 grams) high quality white chocolate, chopped
- sprinkles (jimmies) of choice
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. Chop chocolate.
3. Melt dark chocolate either in the microwave or a double boiler. If using microwave, place chopped chocolate in a microwave-safe container, and heat for 20 second intervals, stirring each time with a silicone spatula. Be careful not to burn the chocolate–when there are just a few small bits left unmelted, you can simply continue to stir until it is completely smooth.
4. Pour melted dark chocolate onto your parchment/mat and spread (with a small offset spatula for ease) until desired thickness is achieved. Freeze for 20 minutes to set.
5. Melt your white chocolate. Whisk in cake mix slowly, stirring well until smooth. Let it sit for approximately 3 minutes (or at least until it slightly thickens).
6. Remove pan with set chocolate from the freezer and pour white chocolate on top, repeating the same spreading technique as you did with the dark chocolate. Toss sprinkles on right away. Freeze for 20 more minutes.
7. Once set, break or cut into pieces. Store in the refrigerator.
8. Try not to beat yourself up when you repeatedly sneak and snack on pieces every time you open the refrigerator for something else.